It’s easy to miss crucial things to do when moving home. We have created a list of a few things to remember to do and consider before moving home.
- Check your house insurance, make sure your cover starts the day you are set to move into your new house.
- Notify your utility companies of your departure. Also, take note the day you move out and in the readings when you leave and when you arrive at your new address.
- Sort out with the post office, the re-direction of your post to be forwarded to your new address.
- Notify the bank of changes to direct debits and standing orders and change of address.
- Hire a removal company 2 weeks before your planned move date.
- Make a plan of where each box and furniture such be put when transferred to your new home.
- Make sure you have any relevant medication to hand when moving so you don’t have to check every box when you are moved in
- Put important items e.g. passport, driving licenses, house deeds and jewellery in a safe box, ready for the moving day.
- Defrost the fridge and freezer if you are taking these with you.
- Ensure the day of moving your mobile is fully charged in case you have to make important calls.
If you’re looking to sell your property get in touch today, call us on 01926 88 87 77 or email firstname.lastname@example.org