Moving home is a hard job on its own; factor in moving with pets or children and it becomes a whole new level of planning and energy.
- Before the move, talk to the children about why you are moving and integrate the idea into their daily life – they can create some art for the new home or create a map of their new area.
- Give your children the responsibility of packing their most important bits into one box. Use this as a good time to have a clear out too, so the new bedroom of the new home can be a new exciting adventure.
- Pack the children’s boxes last into the removals van so they’re the first boxes out and you can set the kids up with their toys whilst you’re offloading the rest of the stuff.
- If able, ask friends or family to look after the kids for some of the day, so you can pack up, move and unpack swiftly and effectively.
- Pack a picnic basket with sandwiches and tea for when you all need a break. Having food and drinks readily available also help keep little ones occupied.