You’ve made the decision to put your house up for sale and have it listed on the market but you’re faced with the detrimental problem that it’s not selling? But why? Here are our tips on what o change to help you sell your property.
- Asking price – make your sure have the correct valuation of your home, buyers will be deterred from requesting viewings and purchasing your home.
- Too personal – A staged home that is cluttered full of personal ornaments, photographs etc. it can be off-putting to potential viewers. Buyers want to be able to see the property as their own, not yours.
- Clutter – Decluttering should be the go-to home improvement for any property looking to sell. Tidiness can drastically change its appeal and help people visualise how space would work for them.
- Photography – The image taken of your home for the listing should show a magnificent front – door home. If they don’t showcase your house off, then ask if photos can be re-taken.
- Your front door – Is the centrepiece of your kerb appeal so repaint it in a tasteful colour or give it a clean to make sure it’s showing your home off in its best light.
- Pets – some love them, some hate them and some are allergic to them, so make sure that on the viewing they are out of the house to prevent one of three things happening
- Lighting – The wrong lighting can make your home feel dark and drab so install brighter modern lights to make your home seem sunny, cheerful and up to date.
- Paint – Giving your walls a fresh lick of neutral paint will make your home seem lighter and bigger
- Update the kitchen – The kitchen is the most valuable room in a house. Consider replacing your kitchen cabinetry. This is much cheaper than installing new cabinetry and often as effective
- Get the right smells – If you are a smoker, place bowls of vinegar around the house and leave out for three days. Though the vinegar will smell when you open the windows it will disappear quickly taking a most of the stale cigarette smell out with it.
You’ll be surprised how big an impression these small updates can make. By the time you’re done, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. Follow these small steps to help maximize your property’s potential that will allow you to achieve a faster sale and the best possible market price for your home.
If you’re looking to sell your property, then get in contact on 01926 888 777 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org